Drywalling is actually two separate jobs. The first part is the sheetrock installation which entails cutting, shaping, putting the panels into place and then fastening them. The second part includes taping the seams and then sealing both these and the screw heads with drywall compound. This latter process revolves around coating and sanding these surfaces until the walls and corners are smooth and you can't tell where one sheet begins and the other ends.
We hope you will ask questions like this before hiring Benchmark, or any other contractor:
- How long has your company been in business?
- Are you licensed?
- Can you provide proof of insurance?
- Do you have your own crew?
- How would you do this job? Inclusions?
- When would be the tentative start and finish dates?
- Will you obtain the required permits?
- What is you payment schedule?
- Can I see your references?
- Will you bring the right drywall tools and will you clean up and take all garbage away when you leave?
- Will you provide a written contract with all the details agreed upon?